Attend the Young Investigator Awards (YIA) Competition to honor and recognize this year’s outstanding young investigators for their contributions to the field of electrophysiology. Six finalists present their research during a special session to be held Thursday from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. in Room 2001, Moscone West.
Two winners — one in the Basic Category and one in the Clinical Category — will be announced at the Award Ceremony and Presidents’ Reception, which takes place from 6 – 7:45 p.m. Friday, Room 2001, Moscone West.
HRS 2016 YIA Finalists
Basic Research Finalists
- Worawan B. Limpitikul, BS, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Rachel M.A. ter Bekke, MD, Maastricht University Medical Centre, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Belinda Gray, MBBS, FRACP, Centenary Institute, Newtown, Australia
Clinical Research Finalists
- Takehiro Kimura, MD, PHD, FHRS, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku-ku, Japan
- Imane El Hajjaji, MD, Sacred-Heart Hospital of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
- Nicolas Johner, MD, Service de Cardiologie, Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, Geneva, Switzerland
Isabelle Deschenes, PhD, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH (Competition Chair); Antonis A. Armoundas, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown, MA; Sumeet S. Chugh, MD, FHRS, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA; Koonlawee Nademanee, MD, FHRS, Pacific Rim EP Research Institute Center, Beverly Hills, CA; Kumaraswamy Nanthakumar, MD, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Saman Nazarian, MD, PhD, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD; Dierk Thomas, MD, FHRS, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany.
This competition is supported by an unrestricted educational grant provided by Medtronic, Inc.